Announcing the AEPC exam in paediatric cardiology
Last updates Nov 8, 2021
Supported by the AEPC council, the Educational Committee of the AEPC has prepared an exam in Paediatric Cardiology as part of the framework for AEPC Certification of Basic Training in Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology.
The first exam will take place during the AEPC Annual Meeting in Geneva, Switzerland in 2022. A certificate of passing the exam will be provided.
AEPC EXAM IN PAEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGY
DATE & TIME
- Thursday 26 May 2022, 11:00–14:00, during the AEPC Annual Meeting in Geneva, Switzerland
- Multiple choice exam containing 125 questions
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Trainees in Paediatric Cardiology after having passed at least 18 months of training
- Trained Paediatric Cardiologists, including AEPC members and non-members
- Maximum number of participants in 2022: 150 candidates
- Preference of participation will be given to AEPC junior members
- The detailed registration procedure will be announced in January 2022.
- A letter of the head of the training centre or verification of passed training has to be uploaded with the registration.
- Deadline of registration: 1 March 2022.
AEPC CERTIFICATION OF BASIC TRAINING IN PAEDIATRIC AND CONGENITAL CARDIOLOGY
To achieve the final AEPC Certification of Basic Training in Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology, a second part has to be fulfilled next to the exam:
Documentation of education and experience in the AEPC logbook
- Training in paediatric cardiology in the AEPC recognized training centres for 2-3 years depending on the general training in paediatrics or cardiology.
- Documentation of the training in the AEPC Logbook, approved by the head of the training centre.
- The AEPC logbook can be downloaded here >
Submitting the logbook for certification
- Trainees: after completion of 3 years of training in Paediatric Cardiology (latest 18 months after passing the exam).
- Paediatric Cardiologists: 1 year before and after the exam.
In general, the training should be in agreement with the AEPC recommendations as published in Cardiology in the Young: “Association for European Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology Recommendations for basic training in paediatric and congenital cardiology 2020”).
With the AEPC certification of basic training in paediatric an congenital cardiology
the AEPC aims to establish a certificate of training to ensure an equally high standard of training in our field throughout Europe which subsequently allows state of the art treatment of our patients with congenital heart disease in the future. As the subspecialty of Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology is not officially recognised in all European countries, the AEPC certificate can be considered an international reference of high quality training in the field.
Please find also all the actual information on the certification here >
We hope for your contribution & participation in this effort.
On behalf of the Educational Committee and AEPC Council,
Ruth Heying - AEPC Educational Committee Chair
Ornella Milanesi - Past AEPC Secretary-General
Ina Michel-Behnke - AEPC Secretary-General